Are you sick of back pain? Is it getting in the way of all your daily activities? Then this is the year you should focus on your health!
You are not alone in prioritizing your health in 2019. There are millions of others who tell themselves that this is the year they’re going to improve their health. Usually, after a couple of days into the new year, they’ve forgotten their promise to themselves and keep living with their back pain, you haven’t!
3 Reasons Why You Should Heal Your Back Pain
The question is: why would people decide to continue living with their back pain instead of going to the nearest pain treatment center immediately? Did you know that 80 percent of Americans suffer from back pain? It doesn’t mean that all those people have arthritis, but it does mean that people have to adjust their lifestyle because of it.
Often the problem with people who still walk around with their pain is that they already tried a treatment method that didn’t work for them and now they think nobody’s able to take away the back pain. It’s a sad fact, but it’s the truth.
To encourage you to heal your back pain this year, we made a list of the benefits of relieving your back pain:
- Focus on other goals: Back pain relief? Check! Once you’re relieved of your back pain, you can focus on your other 2019 goals. Now you at least improved your health for this year.
- Health improvement: Pain during exercise can prevent you from performing exercises that can benefit you immensely. If you’re someone who goes to the gym often, back pain can get in the way. Once you heal your pain, you can join the others during boot camp or circuit training.
Another health benefit of recovering from back pain is that you’ll likely have fewer headaches. And last but not least, when one defect of the body is gone, you’ll notice other health deficiencies you might have. That’s what you’re going to fix in 2020!
- Increased confidence: If you take away the back pain, you’ll feel better about yourself and your body. That automatically means that other people will notice a shift in your mood and energy levels. It makes you feel like you’re on top of the world again, you’re unstoppable!
The Process of Relieving Your Back Pain
At the MidSouth Pain Treatment Center, we believe that pain management specialists can make the difference in your recovery. That’s the reason why we use advanced technologies to help our patients in the best way possible. We described our process for assisting a client below:
- Call us!: If you’re still not sure your back pain is something we can heal, call us, and we will tell you all about it. Every person is different which is why everyone needs a different treatment. By pinpointing your pain, we can determine if we can help you. At the same time, we’ll make an appointment for an intake at one of our treatment centers.
- Intake and detailed patient document: During your first visit at our treatment center we will discuss everything you had to fill in on the new patient form. This form is crucial to effective treatment, that’s why it’s so detailed. It includes your aches, movements that make it worse, your medical history, and more!
- The first appointment: Our treatment of your back pain starts as soon as we know what we can do for you. Sometimes this will be right after the intake, other times this will happen in the appointment after that. This depends on your personal treatment plan we crafted for you.
- Guiding you through recovery: We don’t just help the symptoms of your back pain, but we also guide you through your lifestyle to prevent this pain from coming back. Sometimes we’ll recommend you to do specific exercises or avoid certain situations. You can ask us anything, and we’ll do our best to help you!
- A new you: Regular check-ups may be needed, but the goal is to make you completely self-reliable regarding your prevention of a recurring back pain problem.
Our MidSouth Pain Treatment Centers can be found in Southaven (MS), Oxford (MS), Germantown (TN), Jackson (TN), and Cordova (TN). The standard working hours are 8 am – 5 pm from Monday to Thursday, but this may vary by location.
So, What Now?
Before you read another article on our blog or decide that your back pain isn’t severe enough, there are some things you can do right now to relieve your back pain:
- Do yoga: Yoga has been proven to have many health benefits, including back pain relief by calming the body.
- Improve your posture: Are you someone who often sits at a desk, with your body leaning forward? This posture can negatively influence your overall stance which, in turn, leads to back pain. Make sure to notice your posture often by merely reminding yourself in some way (for example, with an alarm every 30 minutes). Also, adjust your sleeping position while you’re at it. The best way to sleep is on your back with a pillow under your knees and the second best position is on your left side with a pillow between your knees.
- Train your core: Where one muscle lacks is where another will compensate. Frank B. Wyatt, EdD, professor of exercise physiology at Missouri Western State University, believes that strengthened abdominals will reduce the strain on the lower back. The best exercises for your core are movements like the burpee, plank, and mountain climbers.
What are you waiting for? Pick one of the above and start working on it! Or click here to request a consultation today.